As our bakeshop cafe in South Surrey grows, we are excited to connect with creative and talented individuals who are looking to join our team.
See below for specific job opportunities and please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
BAKESHOP KITCHEN – HEAD BAKER
YOU HAVE A DEMONSTRATED PASSION FOR BAKING AND DELIGHTING THE SENSES WHILE MAINTAINING HIGH LEVELS OF ORGANIZATION, EFFICIENCY AND OPERATIONAL OVERSIGHT.
We are currently expanding our bakeshop team to help us meet the needs of our growing bakeshop. This is a full-time role with an emphasis on hands-on leadership in the kitchen. Reporting directly to the Bakeshop Manager, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to help shape and grow an exciting new bakeshop while developing skills and furthering professional development.
- Schedules and implements daily production plans according to sales and set par levels, with careful attention to quality, consistency and presentation.
- Inventory management, ordering and kitchen organization.
- Recipe development when needed to enhance existing, and create new, joyful indulgences.
- Plans, coordinates and supervises work activities of other bakers throughout the day.
- Ensure all products are produced at the appropriate time intervals.
- Establish and maintain a positive and professional relationship with co- workers.
- Maintain a culture of food safety through appropriate organization and implementation of standards.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a bakery/commercial kitchen with at least 1 year in a leadership role, or equivalent experience.
- Extensive knowledge of food safety practices.
- Culinary degree or equivalent proven experience preferred.
- Able to prepare a wide variety of sweet and savoury baked goods from scratch.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve and adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team-driven environment.
- Food costing, inventory control and planning is an asset.
This position will appeal to somebody who wants to be an integral contributing part of a growing new bakeshop business.
If you are looking to work and learn in an environment that fosters personal involvement and development, while providing an outlet for your baking passion, this position may be for you.
BARISTA / KITCHEN HELPER
New team members will possess skills and talents in the following key areas:
- Passionate about delighting the senses with careful attention to details.
- Genuine love of food and beverage – what you serve is a product of both the feelings and techniques you bring!
- Authentic customer service, where each interaction is an opportunity to connect, engage & build a relationship.
- Creative expression with an openness to learning and contributing.
- Prior barista experience is an asset.
- Ability to work quickly without compromising quality and customer service.
- Adaptable to changing needs and able to multitask for efficiency.
- Supportive or additional talents are always valued.
We are currently hiring for part-time and full-time positions between our business hours of Tuesday – Saturday, 9:30am – 5:30pm.
Please send all inquiries to email@example.com
We will be scheduling interviews on an on-going basis and although we appreciate everyone’s interest, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Thank you for considering us for your next job – we believe it is in the gathering of great individuals that true excellence is achieved as a team.